My name is Rudi, currently a full-time software engineer at Figma (we’re hiring!) after having recently finished a degree in Computer Science at University of Waterloo. I have previously interned at Airbnb, Jane Street, Dropbox and Side Effects Software and was in the Recurse Center Summer 1 ‘17 batch. In this blog, I try to put words together in sentences such that they may be interesting and occasionally useful. I tend to be a sucker for information and novelty myself, so I try to write in a way that will be worth your time.
I’m not sure what’s best to put in the About section. But if you find any of these interesting, ask me about it over coffee!
- As described by a high school friend, I am “designed in China, made in Germany, imported to Canada, consumed in Quebec”. And now refurbished in the US? I need more verbs
- I took 5 psychology classes in undergrad, it’s my second favorite subject (after CS of course).
- My two main motivations in life are “building cool things” and what I call “learning how the world works”
- I spent a summer practicing DDR
- My main hobby right now is rock climbing. Currently working on consistently doing V7s
- I’m working on certain parts of communication skills by taking acting/improv classes
- One of my goal is to consistently use “steel man arguments”
- “Interested people are interesting”
- “Humans are not rational creatures, they are rationalizing creatures”
- “A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”
- I practice pen spinning (look it up if you’ve never hear of that term!) and have once appeared on national television. I’m not one of the best out there, but I know quite a few tricks
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter: @digitalfreepen (unused)